Dogs or Cats



Which do you like better, dogs or cats? This is a question that is often used as a topic of conversation with people you meet for the first time. But I don't know if it's the same overseas. Today, let's discuss a little about this typical question.

Dogs take more cost to take care of than cats. Cats take about 160000 yen for a year, but dogs take 300000 yen more. Dogs also have to be taken for a walk every day, so taking care of them may be more difficult than cats. Don't you think that cats are better than dogs? However, dogs are smart and can learn various tricks. This is one of the great joys for owners of dogs. Cats do not learn tricks. This may make some people feel bored and lonely.

Cats and dogs are often used in metaphors as opposites. Have you ever heard of cat-like people or dog-like people? A cat-like person is generally a moody person. She or he is not good at expressing joy and doesn't show his or her affection. On the other hand, a dog-like person is often used to describe someone who is cheerful. He or she has easily understandable emotional ups and downs.

There is a story about a cat called "Hyakumannkai Ikita Neko (The Cat Who Lived a Million Times)". A cat who is the main character has been reincarnated a million times and has lived with a million people. But he never fell in love with his owner. However, when he became a stray cat, he fell in love with a white cat. This book can be interpreted in many ways depending on who reads it. You can enjoy this book whether you are an adult or a child.

There is a story about a dog called "Zuutto Zutto Daisukidayo (I love you forever and ever)". The dog Elfie and "I" grow up together. However, Elfie grows up faster than "I" do. Before going to bed, "I" would always tell Elfie, "I love you". This picture book is a story about the importance of expressing feelings in words. Some of you may have read it in a textbook.

So far, I have introduced various episodes about dogs and cats. Which one do you like better? Actually, until two years ago, I liked them both equally. I've never had a dog or cat in my house, so it's probably better to say that I didn't care much about the question. Two years ago, a friend of mine got a kitten and I went to meet it. The little cat was so cute, so I forgot time and played with it. After that, I like cats better than dogs. In other words, what makes you like better dogs or cats than the other is a trivial thing! Both cats and dogs have their own charms.

Thank you for reading this far. This time, we talked about cats or dogs. If we change the question to "What kind of animal do you like?", it will be more varied and fun. See you soon!

コメント

  1. I'm a cat person and I like "The Cat that Lived a Million Times".
    I also like penguin very much!

    返信削除
  2. It's very interesting to compare dogs and cats! I have a dog, but I was also interested in cats!

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Beauty and Physical Attractiveness

Science of the Future and Us