Valentine's Day



February 14th is Valentine's Day, you know. Most of you may not have time to think about it yet because we have the test. I am too. Today, I would like to introduce the origin of Valentine's Day and the meaning behind the sweets.

It is said that the word "Valentine" comes from the name of Saint Valentinus, who was a real Christian priest in Rome. At that time, the Roman emperor prohibited young soldiers from marrying. Valentinus felt sorry for them, so he held the wedding in secret. He didn't stop even when the emperor warned him. Valentinus was finally put to death, on February 14. Because of this story, Valentine's Day has become popular as a day for lovers all over the world.

Next, I will introduce the meaning behind the sweets. The meaning of chocolate is "the same feeling as you". Many people may give chocolates to express their daily gratitude and trust. Responding with chocolates is said to be a message of "the same feelings as you". Candy means "I like you". It takes a long time to finish licking it after putting it in your mouth. And It also means that the flavor stays in the mouth for a long time. So, It is associated with a positive relationship. The meaning of the cookie is "Let's be friends". The crispy texture suggests "light" friendships. The meaning of macaroon is "you are special". Macaroons are luxurious sweets. So, they became to have the meaning of "only given to special people". The meaning of marshmallow is "I hate you". The marshmallow melts as soon as you put it in your mouth. So, the marshmallow means "I want you to disappear." 

What did you think? Many people may be surprised by the meaning of marshmallows. In this article, I have introduced only the most famous things. However, there are many other sweets that have meanings as well. And the meanings are slightly different from site to site and book to book. Please check them out. However, it is important not to worry too much about it. No one sends marshmallows to someone they don't like. If you receive a marshmallow from your girlfriend or friend, don't worry about whether they hate you or not.

I'd like to talk a little about my Valentine's Day memories here. I have been making sweets and giving them to my close friends on Valentine's Day since I was in elementary school. When I became a high school student, I started distributing them to members of my club activities. I made sweets for 30 people. The day before Valentine's Day is very busy. I wake up early in the morning to make the dough. Two years ago, I made 60 cupcakes, two apple pies, and 40 cookies! Each time the wrapping takes until the next morning. I feel like I'm a cake baker. It was so hard, but I loved the time! However, I became a university student and I started living on my own. I don't have an oven in my house, so I can't make any cakes. I will try to make some sweets without an oven this year!

Thank you for reading all of them. I hope you have a nice Valentine's Day! See you soon.




コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Beauty and Physical Attractiveness

Science of the Future and Us